What to Bring
For our conference-style camp at Webster University, you will want to take notes, notes and more notes – because this is good stuff being poured out for you! We will have a notebook and pen for you, but if you wish to take notes in another way (like in that unicorn notebook you love), please bring that along. You will take what you learn over the two days back to your school and staff, then apply these ideas in the new school year.
Your mobile device is encouraged as well for you to participate in contests throughout camp, announcements, games and to share what you’re learning on social media – Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
Laptops are not required as the classes that require computers will have access to a lab. However, some classes may be talking about web-based programs or computer applications. Taking notes and paying attention will suffice for you to learn plenty during your time. If you have access to a laptop, you might want to bring it to maximize your camp experience but it is not all all required.
Suggested Items for Your Sessions
Nothing is required except that you have fun and take as many notes as you can.
- A few issues of your paper from the past year
- Something (paper, laptop, iPad) to take notes on
- Jump drive or a Dropbox or Drive account, something to save projects to
- A method of taking notes, recording ideas: laptop, iPad, notebook paper/pen. It’s recommended that it be electronic so it can be shared via Google Docs later, but isn’t required. [You will have access to computers and wireless.]
- If you have them, please bring a copy of publication, copy of staff manual and copy of staff policies.
- Camera (with charger and/or batteries)
- Tripod (if you have one, not necessary)
- Flash (if you have one)
- Cables for camera (usb, firewire to upload images to computer, etc.)
- Card reader for your specific camera card to upload to computer
- Additional lenses (if available, not required)
- Note taking device (laptop, iPad, paper/pen)
- Recording device (can be phone)
- USB Thumb Drive is ideal (or CD or something like a Dropbox account to burn/move files)
- Camera (WITH charger and extra batteries if possible)
- Media for camera (e.g.-miniDV tape, SD card, etc.)
- Card reader for media
- Microphone for camera
- Laptop (if you have one)
- Editing software loaded on said laptops (if possible)
- Cables for your camera (i.e. – firewire, USB cables, etc.)
- If you’re going to shoot on your iPhone, bring your connector cable, too.
- Paper/Pen, iPad, laptop or something to take notes on
- Copy of your most recent yearbook
- Note taking materials
- Passwords and account access to staff social media accounts
- Work in progress (2022 theme, design plans and any type of inspirations or idea file)
- Access to Dropbox or Google Drive (email [email protected] if you need help with setup)
- Something to take notes with (pen/paper, iPad, laptop)
- Login info for: 1) your web site, 2) Google analytics and 3) social media accounts
- Login/Password information for FTP access, if you have this and have permission from your adviser [Don’t know what these are? Ask!]